Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Yoga at 14,000 feet


I still haven´t figured the connection between the quality or variety of marijuana and the effects. The problem is I just don´t smoke enough to do a proper scientific study, there´s never enough data to control for environmental factors. For example, yesterday I smoked a joint of some brown, not so tasty stuff. I felt a bit out of it, somewhat uncomfortable and annoyed. Today, I smoked some greener, fresher stuff, and felt invigorated, inspired, everything pot should do. This could be differences in the plant, but it could have something to do with the fact that yesterday I was hanging out with a shiesty local swindler and today I was on a mountain with the sun shining on me and beautiful views of the countryside all around.

In any case, I got inspired enough to do some mountain top yoga. It was interesting, the spot I was, on top of a huge slab of uneven rock, left standing poses the only option, so I had to change around my routine a bit. The other good thing about yoga at 14,000 feet is that you have no choice to pay attention to your breath.

I also realized that over the years, I´ve gotten well acquainted with various idiosyncrasies of my body. That tendon that does the poppy thing when I move my leg a certain way, that shoulder muscle that reminds me of its existence when I have pressure on my arm at a certain angle. I wouldn´t say we´re friends at this point, but at least we´re on speaking terms. Lots to look forward to, right?

No comments: